- Stock 2008 Suzuki SX4 Sport (5-MT)
- Odometer reading @ ~24,500 [mi]; Engine oil has 2,000 [mi] on it; Pennzoil Platinum 10W-30.
- Used 4th Gear for the test
- Dynojet Dynamometer
- STD Smoothing = 5; STD = 0.99
Test Results (@ the wheel):
Factory Claim (@ the crankshaft)
- 143 hp @ 5,800 rpm & 136 Ib-ft @ 3,500 rpm
The Quick and Dirty Analysis:
The dyno result versus factory claim is sugguesting a 20% drivetrain loss. For a FWD with manual gear box, this percentage shouldn’t be more than 15%. 20% loss is more for a AWD.
Reasons for this discrepancy:
- Suzuki over estimated the power
- The tested sample is defective
- Something wrong with the test equipment and/or method
To be Continued